Friday, January 30, 2009

Torre Will Be On 'Larry King Live' Tonight

Just wanted to remind you that Torre will be discussing his new book tonight on "Larry King Live" at 9:00 p.m. on CNN.

King spoke with MLB.com's Anthony DiComo to discuss the interview and the book, here's some of what he had to say:
"Normally, you would think this is not Joe,"
"I think you hit a certain point of life," King said, "where you're in your late 60s, you've got a comfortable job with the Dodgers, you moved to Los Angeles, life is very different. This is sort of like a laid-back time. He's always been a terrific guy. I've known him for years, and maybe this is just, 'Hey, this is my catharsis, let's let it out.'"
"It's a terrific book," King said. "It's an extraordinary book. Even though it's written in the third person, it obviously is the thoughts of Joe, or why would he have approved it? It's a fascinating look at the Yankees and those years."
"Torre's a big story, and actually, all the attention he's getting has spurred him on even more," said King, a self-admitted Dodgers fan and baseball junkie. "We expect a lot of people to be interested in this, and I'm very interested in it. I haven't spoken to Joe about it, and I'm sure looking forward to asking him a lot of questions about this book."
"Even though I'm not a close friend of his, I feel a strong attachment to him," King said. "My hope is that when it comes out, fans will know him better. They'll know him better, and the Yankees better."
I'll try to post any videos I can find of the Torre-Larry King interview for those who aren't able to watch it live.

0 Comments: