Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cashman: I Don't Want The Cubs Job

From Mark Feinsand and Bill Madden:
Brian Cashman says he has no intention to move to Chicago next year - or anywhere else, for that matter.

The Yankees' general manager shot down any connection between himself and the Cubs' GM job, one that is now vacant following the firing of Jim Hendry Friday.

"I have a job and I've been proud to be associated with this franchise," Cashman said Friday. "I'm not looking to remove myself from this franchise."

Cashman's name has surfaced in Chicago as a potential replacement for Hendry, although that rumor began swirling around the Windy City earlier this summer as the Cubs' season began spiraling out of control.

...

"Every year my contract has expired, there have been unnamed experts that throw hand grenades about their suspicions with what I'm gong to do," Cashman said. "At some point, they've always been wrong."

...

"The bottom line is that I have no idea what the future is going to hold, but my interest is to return to the Yankees," Cashman said. "That's all for another day. I would like to stay. Right now, that's not my decision. I don't sweat it and I don't worry about it."
As I'm sure most of you do, I have mixed feelings regarding Cashman. He's certainly done a good enough job rebuilding the system, while still putting a competitive team on the field every year, but with the Yankees money is that really a difficult thing to do? Either way, I have no problems if he does in fact return.

blog comments powered by Disqus