Sunday, April 29, 2012

Garcia to the Pen, Phelps to the Rotation

From Bryan Hoch:
Freddy Garcia has been dispatched to the Yankees' bullpen, with rookie David Phelps first in line to take the veteran right-hander's place in the rotation.

Garcia was battered by the Tigers for six runs in 1 2/3 innings on Saturday in a 7-5 Yankees loss, the second straight start Garcia only recorded five outs, and the change did not come as a shock to the hurler.

"When you're pitching [poorly] out of the rotation, what do you expect?" Garcia said. "When you don't do your job, what are they supposed to do? That's what happened. They're honest. I didn't pitch the way I was supposed to pitch. It's reality."

...

"I'll be OK, man. I know," Garcia said. "I've been playing this game for a long time, and a lot of things happened to me before, and I always came off on the top. It's not going to be different. So, we'll see what happens."

With his 12.51 ERA this was a move the Yankees pretty much had to make.

blog comments powered by Disqus